The easy button…it’s been a marketing bullseye ever since that giant red button first arrived in 2005.
Let’s face it, human nature likes easy. Heck, the entire universe craves easy. Newton’s First Law of Motion says: Things want to keep doing what they are usually doing. (my paraphrase) And for most of us, that’s taking the path of least resistance.
I got news for you. This will take you nowhere fast.
So, what’s a body at rest supposed to do in order to get in motion? The hard things. The things you don’t want to do. Yup, it’s not rocket science. Well, actually it’s physics, and the good news is—once you’re in motion, you’ll want to stay in motion. (The 2nd half of Newton’s First Law of Motion)
- You have to make the call you’re afraid to make.
- You have to get up earlier than you want to get up.
- You have to give more than you get in return right away.
- You have to care more about others than they care about you.
- You have to fight when you are already injured, bloody, and sore.
- You have to feel unsure and insecure when playing it safe seems smarter.
- You have to lead when no one else is following you yet.
- You have to invest in yourself even though no one else is.
- You have to look like a fool while you’re looking for answers you don’t have.
- You have to grind out the details when it’s easier to shrug them off.
- You have to deliver results when making excuses is an option.
- You have to search for your own explanations even when you’re told to accept the “facts.”
- You have to make mistakes and look like an idiot.
- You have to try and fail and try again.
- You have to run faster even though you’re out of breath.
- You have to be kind to people who have been cruel to you.
- You have to meet deadlines that are unreasonable and deliver results that are unparalleled.
- You have to be accountable for your actions even when things go wrong.
- You have to keep moving towards where you want to be no matter what’s in front of you.
If you’re ready to get serious and start making changes in your life, DO what you were created TO DO. Stop doing the easy things and start doing the hard. It’s worth it!Tags: Christian Business, Entrepreneurship, featured, Nourish the Dream